Introduction to Meta-analysis
Course title: Introduction to meta-analysis
Course background: The course aims to introduce participant to the basic issues related to meta-analysis. It addresses aspects related to the design of such studies and the interpretation of their results. The author discusses elements such as the forest plot, weighted effect size, heterogeneity coefficient or funnel plot.
Course level: Advanced
What will you learn?
Through this course you will learn a different perspective on statistical analysis. You will learn what to look out for when collecting data for meta-analyses. You will learn about the specific types of models needed to perform meta-analyses. You will learn how a forest plot and a funnel plot are created and how to interpret them, as well as the interpretation of the weighted effect size and the heterogeneity coefficient.
Time required for the course:
approx. 1 h
Form of training
Number of lessons
Access to the course
course available 24/7
Requirements (e.g. knowledge of MS Excel)
familiarity with the use of a Windows-based computer program and basis of statistics
Why it's worth it?
training without leaving home
trainers with practical experience
access to training materials at any time,
Self-paced training implementation
certificate of competence of a recognized brand on the Polish market
- Is introductory in nature. It draws attention to the importance and role of meta-analyses in contemporary scientific research.
- Lesson two explores the motivations of researchers to perform meta-analyses.
- Lesson three deals with theoretical issues related to conducting a meta-analysis, such as the selection of parameters to be analysed, sample size and effect size.
- Lesson four deals with the selection of the statistical model on the basis of which the meta-analysis will be performed.
- Lesson five focuses on the practical aspects of performing and interpreting the results of meta-analyses.